Barbara A. Butler
M.L.I.S., University of California Berkeley, 1990
M.S. in Range Management, University of California Davis, 1983
B.S. in Biology, University of California Davis, 198
OIMB Science Librarian (University of Oregon): 1992 to present.
I am the subject specialist for Marine Biology, work 70% time and am the sole staff member of the OIMB Library.
Coordinator, Biodiversity Resource Center (California Academy of Sciences): 1991-1992.
Current Professional Associations
- International Association of Aquatic and Marine Science Libraries and Information Centers (IAMSLIC)
- CYAMUS (Pacific Regional Group of IAMSLIC)
- Oregon Library Association
- Nominated to Sigma Xi, scientific research society, for undergraduate research experience.
- 2005 recipient of the Richard and Mary Corrigan Solari Library Faculty Fellowship Award.
- Recipient of the “McBarfur” trophy for sea-sickness aboard the NOAA Research Vessel McArthur (1996).
My research interests involve issues of concern to one-person and remotely located libraries, resource sharing among international libraries, the scholarly publishing process in the sciences and the digitization and preservation of gray literature.